Straighter teeth and a confident smile are just some of the many benefits of orthodontic treatment. Correctly aligned teeth can also alleviate and prevent other dental health related problems. Teeth that are already experiencing crowding will continue to shift more as we age. Without treatment, orthodontic problems can lead to increased occurrence of tooth decay, gum disease, bone destruction, chewing and digestive difficulties, speech impairments, tooth loss, TMJ and other problems.
Every smile is unique. That’s why Anderson Dental offers both traditional orthodontics (brackets) and clear aligners (Invisalign, Clear Correct).
Below we highlight the pros and cons of traditional braces vs clear aligners:
Traditional Braces (metal or clear)
- Compliance is much better due to the fact that they are not removable
- Better at handling moderate to severe crowding and misalignments
- Quicker results
- Great for kids
- Harder to keep clean
- Not removable during meals times and brushing
Clear Aligners (i.e. Invisalign, Clear Correct)
- Nearly invisible
- Removable for meal times and brushing
- Digital impressions
- Easier to keep teeth clean during treatment
- Does not treat all cases
- Requires strict compliance for best results
Schedule a consult with Dr. Aaron or Dr. Kathy to find out which option is best for you.